Thursday, October 06, 2005

Part II: Shimano Dual Control--please don't break on me [though you probably will].

Remember my friend who broke his new dual-control XT shift/brake levers? Well, they broke again. This time while his bike was sitting in the back of a pickup truck with a few other bikes. Wow. I am speechless about this. As it turns out, however, two times is enough to convince him to pony up around $250 to by XT rapid-fire shifters and XT hydraulic brake levers.

Interestingly enough, most of the bikes I rode at the Outdoor Demo at Interbike (the mountain bikes, anyway) were running SRAM X.O shifters. I think the ratio of SRAM to Shimano Dual-Control was something like 5-1 for the bikes I rode. How did I like the new X.0? Well, this isn't a review, but I loved them. Hopefully, you'll see a review on GearReview.com soon.

1 comment:

James said...

Wow... I can't believe that guys luck. Sure, the levers seemed like to big a risk -- break them and you're out a ton of cash and you lose shifting and braking both. But sheesh, he is breaking them like crazy!