Thursday, February 02, 2006

Replace your cleats

Last night, I decided to replace the cleats on my shoes. Not only have I never felt the need to replace them, but I also have never felt the need to own seperate shoes for my road and mountain bikes. As a consequence, these cleats have seen a lot of miles... over about 3 years (give or take 6 months). What tiped me off that they needed replacing? Well, I felt there was vertical slop in the cleat-pedal interface. So, for your viewing enjoyment, here are the old cleats next to the new ones:


As you can see... they, um... REALLY needed replacing.

And the winner is...
All the votes are in, the polls are closed, and the judges have reached a decision. I am going to get a black Synapse. Most likely, I will get the Topolino wheels, once I sell the Mavic Ksyrium SLs... once my bike arrives. Any interested party should please contact me. Thanks for your votes!

1 comment:

James said...

Man, I am surpised that you stay in your pedals at all!