Race Start Time: 12:00 Noon
Finish Time: Approximately 3:50 PM to 4:30 PM
I made it on the mountain before 2:15--thinking that would give me plenty of time. As it turns out, I was wrong. In fact, I was behind the riders and only saw one person (the poor guy struggling up the mountain in last place) who was WAY behind the peloton.
Here's what I didn't pay attention to on the Tour of Utah site:
Distance: 112.5 Kilometers / 69.9 miles
I can't believe they gave them 4 hours to complete 70 miles. Heck, even I could do that. I blame the Tour of Utah folks.
- I got the afternoon off work.
- I found out how to get to the Mt. Nebo loop--which I plan to ride soon.
- I got a few discarded water bottles--including a Tour of Utah one and a Toyota-United team bottle.
- I got my family excited enough for it, that we've decided to see Saturday's stage and skip my summer work party (that's a huge victory for me)
- So close, but so far. I even wore my HealthNet jersey. All for naught.